Friday, June 27, 2008

There's No Place Like Home


I landed in SLC yesterday and was thrilled to walk into my parent's perfect house. It smelled good and everything looked fabulous. Every time I go home, the beds look more tantalizing, the food smells better, the decorations are sparkling more and I feel like I never want to leave. I am so lucky to come back to such a wonderful home! My home holds so many important memories to me. I am sure anyone who knows me, realizes that my family is the most important thing and we have created so many great memories. So, it is particularly wonderful that for the first time in several years, my whole family will be around when Sam gets home from his mission this month. I couldn't be more excited.

The picture above is Sam's room as of today. Currently, my mom is having the daisy wallpaper from 1970 stripped from the closet, which is being repainted and redone. What a wonderful mom! A darling missionary only deserves the BEST!

3 comments:

Kristen M said...

Couldn't agree with you more. Nothing beats home. It is just the best and being with family just brings so much fun and comfort. You have a lot of fun coming up...Wedding, Sam, moving. When is the date again of the big day? I am so excited for you, really I am super happy for you and Nate. Can't wait to see you soon. CA is for sure the place to be. Beach a few times a week, Surfing, Beautiful walks and hikes and an all around beautiful place. You will love it!!!

Unknown said...

Welcome Home!!!

Cotter said...

I love going home... when I had a home! My parents sold their house and I am not sure it will ever be the same. I am glad you made it home safely! How fun to all be around to see Sam!