Saturday, May 17, 2008

California Dreamin'

So... WONDERFUL NEWS!! Nate got a job! In Los Angeles!

I am so excited for him. And I know he is thrilled too. I am having a hard time thinking about leaving Boston. Nate and I both are... but every time we feel that cold gust of wind, or see a rat in the North End or can't find a good, late night place to eat... Nate begins singing

California Dreamin....

I chime in

Cal-I-Fornia Dreamin... on such a winters day...

You know... the mamas and papas song!

But how could I be sad to move to such a gorgeous place?






It's not that LA is awful, but we have paid our dues this winter in Boston!!! I have endured some serious cold weather and painful walks along the waterfront and now, just as the yachts are pulling into the harbor and the sun is shining and Newbury is screaming my name, I have to leave?? I'm excited for Nate. He takes off in a week and a half and I know this will so great for both of us. But I will really, really miss Boston. I just hope we end up here eventually... oh well, we will have to see!

7 comments:

Annie said...

I really love Maroon 5 too. Did you see them on American Idol? I don't know if I love that song they sang. I saw them open for Counting Crows before they were really big. We were all shocked because usually opening acts suck but we all loved them.

Kristen M said...

Hey so where are you going to live in CA? Aaron and I move there in less than two weeks. We will be living in Laguna. When is the move? Keep me posted as well will be down there for at least the next year while Aaron goes to USC. Sorry I could not make it to your shower. Aaron's brother was going back into the military two days after your shower and we were doing Murray family activities. Hope all is well. Let me know about the move. web.mac.com/themurraysut

Emilee said...

lol! love the pictures.. i will definitely come to visit..

Unknown said...

Congrats you guys!!! I'm excited because L.A. is much closer than Boston, and maybe we'll have to come see you!!!!

Nate and Chelsea said...

That is pretty awesome! I know you are a little sad to leave Boston, but you are so full of life that I know you will be happy anywhere you go. I had a dream last night that I was on America's Next Top Model and doing a photo shoot with Tyra. It was pretty fun. I watched a marathon of all ten cycles-fast forwarded to the showing of the pictures then who got cut so it didn't actually take that long- but I thought of you! How are you doing? When is the wedding again?

ann cannon said...

Congratulations to Nate.

You know I always used to go around saying how much I hate L.A. I thought it was cool to say, "I hate L.A." But the truth is I really, really love southern California. I'm kind of jealous of you guys, actually.

Caitlin said...

YOu will have so much fun in L.A. I am totally jealous of you- just think you can be tan all year round!

Hope the wedding planning is going well!